Posted: March 03, 2014
Posted: March 02, 2014
* New artwork has been hung in the library area. Check it out.
* We launched a new Adult Education class this morning on the book
“A Brethren Witness for the Twenty-First Century.” Copies of this book are
in your mailboxes; we have more available in the lobby if you need one.
They’re free, but if you’d like to help cover the cost of these, donations
are welcome. Please note: Even if you aren’t a part of the class, please
take a book home, read through it as you have the time, and enjoy
thinking more deeply about what these many authors consider “Brethren”
faith and practice.
* New Directories are in mailboxes; if you don’t have a mailbox, or
would like an extra copy, please let Rich or Hannah know. Thanks!
* Would anyone be able to help lead hymns at Agora Church, in
Old Dublin, sometime? If so, please let Rich know; this would be a
great blessing to our “foster daughter” congregation.
Today- Life Group @ Parents’ 5p
Today- Hosting Agora Church Group 5p
M-F 8a-3:30p HCLC
Tues 4- Life Group @ Scotts’ 7:30p
Tues 4- Capriccio Vocal Ensemble Practice 7-9p (SRBC)
Wed 5- K&C Life Group @ SRBC 10a
Wed 5- Capriccio Children’s Choir Practice 7-9 (SRBC)
Wed 5- AA Gathering 7-8:30p Fellowship Area (SRBC)
Wed 5- Spanish Language Life Group @ Moreno’s 7p
Thurs 6- WellSpring Counseling Satellite (SRBC)
Thurs 6- Life Group @ Gassers’ 7:30p
Sat 8- Smoky Row Food Pantry 7:30a-10:30a (SRBC)
March 9- Second Sunday Concert @ Highlands Pres. 2p
March 15- Indoor Property Care Day 9a-1p
Posted: March 01, 2014
This is a special PRAYER REMINDER for all of us——to pray for MARK LOGAN and his 5 relatives ..... as they scale MT. KILIMANJARO (the highest mountain in Africa) for Peace. Here again are the details:
Mark, his daughter Rebecca, and her husband are leaving the States 2 days from now (on Thursday, February 27) for Africa.
They will meet Mark’s 3 nieces or nephews from France in Tanzania on this coming Saturday (March 1).
The actual climb starts the morning of next Sunday, March 2.
They all plan to be back home by March 12th (on a Wednesday, 10 days later).
They plan to do two things when they reach the summit:
(1) To pray specifically for PEACE IN THE WORLD—from a high point in the world.
(2) To celebrate the Eucharist Holy Communion there too. [Mark has not mentioned this publicly before, but I’m suggesting that we all join this climbing group in spirit and support at about 11:00 p.m. on Friday, March 7, Eastern Standard Time—the estimated time of their arrival there. Please mark your calendars and join us at that time.]
FURTHER PRAYER SUGGESTIONS:
Pray for their strength of body and strength of spirit.
Pray for their safety and good health.
Pray for the peace-centered purposes of their efforts, that they might be effective.
Pray for their families at home, especially for Chantal (Mark’s wife).
Posted: February 27, 2014
Over the course of our life, each of us will likely spend about 100,000 hours at work. Some of us will use those hours to just get by. Some of us will use them to get ahead. Be assured that God has something much bigger and more important in mind.
The City Gates Conference is a gathering of people like us who are ready to take up the challenge to approach our everyday work as a sacred calling. It is specifically designed to prepare us to redeem our work…to renew our culture…to restore our city to God.
You are invited to join hundreds of workers from the fields of business, education, arts & entertainment, government, science & healthcare, media, social services and family to:
Learn from nationally and internationally respected experts
Identify with a panel of locally engaged peers
Interact within a learning community experience
Gain a sense of shared vision, encouragement and momentum
Connect through engaging worship
Save the Date! August 2, 2014
Posted: February 26, 2014
Cookies for Kairos time is back! Here are some guidelines for how to help….
And thank you for your service to this ministry!
• Make your cookies sturdy. They will need to be handled
several times before they arrive in the prisoners’ hands. Delicate,
pretty cookies will crumble. Chewy cookies and brownies tend to
end up as a single lump.
• Chocolate chip cookies are always a popular choice. If
chocolate chip cookies are not possible, snicker doodles and
peanut butter are also popular.
• Size - Try to make the cookies 2 to 3 inches in diameter.
Consistent size is important.
• 2 dozen per bag. Please count your cookies carefully. Any bag
with other than 2 dozen needs to be marked.
• No powdered sugar, frosting, or raisin cookies. Chocolate
chips, M&Ms, and Reese’s pieces are fine.
• Please use zip-loc bags to keep the cookies as fresh as
• Cookie mixes and pre-mixed dough from the store are fine.
• Pray. As you bake the cookies, pray for the inmates who will
If you have any questions please contact Fred Luna or call the church at 614-889-5224
These Kairos Cookies are for North Central Correctional Complex
(NCCC), Marion OH, Kairos # 12 2014. Please turn in cookies by Sunday, March 9th! (No later then March 12th)